Nigeria No. 1 Gospel Music Portal

Pages

16 February 2018

Chance The Rapper Professes Love for Jesus on Mainstream TV, Says He's Cool With Saying It.

Chance The Rapper Professes Love for Jesus on Mainstream TV, Says He's Cool With Saying It.


Grammy Award-winning artist Chance The Rapper says he's "super cool" with sharing his love for Jesus publicly.

The 24-year-old Chicago native sat down with CBS' " This Morning " co-host Gayle King Wednesday where he talked about his successful career.

"They've described your music as hip-hop, soul, R&B, with a little bit of gospel," she told Chance The Rapper. "Most people don't put hip-hop and gospel music together, they don't."

Chance took her comment as an opportunity to unashamedly speak about his faith in God.


"I would never say I'm making gospel music," he explained, "but I love God. I love Jesus. And I'm super cool with saying that."

Along with his Christian faith, Chance said his toddler, Kensli, is also a great inspiration to him.

"My life used to be a whole bunch of little dots on a timeline," Chance continued. 

"After I had Kensli, it was like all of that became one dot. And it's like my new life is, you know, so much better and so much more eventful and, like, purposed."

Other topics King touched on in the interview included Chance's "investment in Chicago's future" with his $1 million donation to public schools, and his efforts to raise $2.2 million for his organization Social Works.






SHARING IS CARING

Trending